Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:54:30 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Settining up cvsup-mirror (bad luck)

Hi again!

I am continuing to strugle for the working
cvsup-mirror. Now i got it working (THANKS
A MILLION TO ALFRED PERLSTEIN),
but did it i a very bad way.

Now the weirdness:

After installing the ports net/cvsup-mirror the
collection repository is empty (it is in
/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup). The "fetcher" is run
as 'cvsupin' and the daemon run as 'cvsup'.
Now, when the fetcher fetches the files they belong to 'cvsupin' and
some of the have permission like '700', which means no other can
read/wrire/execute them. Now, when the daemon want to serve the
client it cannot, because it cannot access the files (for example
the '/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/src' has '700' permissions.
So, i had to use the same user for the fetcher and the daemon and this is
not good for many security reasons.

I just don't get it. Is it my stupidness or something wrong with the port?
If it is
the first reason, then i would be glad if somebody explained to me
1) why repository collection is not fetched/install automatically?
2) why security model is not working?

Thank you all and  special thanks to Alfred Perlstein.
Artem