Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vladiz Malykorok <krtik01@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing via FTP ???

   Hi folks,

I need to install the new version of FreeBSD(4.6) via
FTP. I've prepared the FTP host according to chapter
2.13.1 Creating a Local FTP Site with a FreeBSD Disk
in Handbook.
Everything is prepared, disk is in CDROM device.
If I chose an install media type of FTP and type in
ftp://IP address then I've got this warning:
Can't find the '4.6-RELEASE' distribution on this FTP
server. It is looking for this directory on
installation CD, is this correct???

I'm using 4.6-disc1 on FTP server. Do I need to use
some other disk to install it via FTP???

  Thanks for help.

    Vladiz