Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 16:54:13 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uucp/uux -a<> problem

Bill Fenner writes:

> Someone posted saying they were having a problem with sendmail running
> uux with an empty "from" argument on errors.  Do you have the "g" flag set
> for that mailer?  "g" is supposed to use MAILER-DAEMON (well, really, $o)
> as the from address for error messages.

Thanks .. whichever macro it uses, this does the job.

In order to relieve other FreeBSD users hosting UUCP feeds of the same
problem, I'd like to propose that the line ..

	define(`UUCP_MAILER_FLAGS', `g')

 .. be added to the default sendmail configuration or, at the very least,
that it be documented in an FAQ as the current configuration and Taylor's
UUCP don't do the Right Thing in this case. Same argument applies to the
rmail patch I forwarded .. the default should work in as many cases as
possible,

	michael