Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:40:20 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MS Vista vs FreeBSD's bootloader

pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi;
>
> FWIW, if you just got your new computer with Windows Vista installed and were
> hoping to dual boot FreeBSD on it, let me tell you that FreeBSD's bootloader
> will screw things up.
>
> Microsoft basically declared the war on alternative OSs so it seems vista
> doesn't like:

Actually, NetBSD can criple FreeBSD MBR too !
	Detail http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#netbsd
(I tried Net in desperation as FreeBSD-6.2 useless w. 16 bit pcmcia & PLIP)
(I reported MBR to users@netbsd.org & got just 1 response, not a solution).

So many OS' cripple other OS's MBR - Sigh !
--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
 HTML mail unseen. Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.