Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:55:29 +0300
From:      "King Kassle" <kassle@moscowmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cups with BJC210SP on FreeBSD 4.3

Hello, I got some problem on installing my printer
I use CUPS 1.1.6.2 on my FreeBSD 4.3-Release
and my printer is Canon BJC-210SP in parallel port
when i run lpinfo -v, appear :

file file
network socket
network http
network ipp
network lpd
direct parallel:/dev/lpt0
serial serial:/dev/ttyd0?baud=115200
serial serial:/dev/ttyd1?baud=115200

For you know, i got the BJC-210SP ppd files from
http://www.linuxprinting.org PPD generators
I copy the that ppd files, then i follow the instruction
in the manual html & pdf files.

"lpadmin -p Canon -E -v parallel:/dev/lpt0 -m bjc210sp.ppd"

after that, i got message :
"lpadmin: add-printer failed: The requested resource is
currently unavailable on this server."

That message also appear for another printer
(I also test my HP Deskjet 690c and also fail)
So what should i do to solve the problem ?