Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:39:57 -0700
From:      "Chris England" <cengland@team.look.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   device not configured

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BFA075.3CA7A220

I am suddenly having problems accessing a hard drive.  It is my =
secondary master.  Ever since last night when I did a make buildworld ; =
make installworld, when I try to mount itm it says Device Not =
Configured.

It is enabled in my kernel and I even tried re-creating the rd2s* =
devices in /dev - still no luck.

Also, I can not tell for sure right now because I am at a remote =
machine, but im worried about the CD Rom "Device is busy" the correct =
error message to receive if you have no CD in the tray?

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BFA075.3CA7A220

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am suddenly having problems accessing =
a hard=20
drive.&nbsp; It is my secondary master.&nbsp; Ever since last night when =
I did a=20
make buildworld ; make installworld, when I try to mount itm it says =
Device Not=20
Configured.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It is enabled in my kernel and I even =
tried=20
re-creating the rd2s* devices in /dev - still no luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, I can not tell for sure right now =
because I=20
am at a remote machine, but&nbsp;im worried about the CD Rom "Device is =
busy"=20
the correct error message to receive if you have no CD in the =
tray?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BFA075.3CA7A220--