Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:58:26 -0600
From:      "Steven N. Fettig" <freebsd@stevenfettig.com>
To:        lance@dallypost.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet connection sharing

The network settings are usually in the rc.conf file in /etc/.  For
DHCP, you should have the line

ifconfig_interface="DHCP"

where *interface* is the given nic you are using - in other words, it is
*not* the word interface.
If you are trying to set a static IP addy and gateway, then your rc.conf
file should have entries that look like:

defaultrouter="x.x.x.x"
ifconfig_interface="inet x.x.x.x  netmask x.x.x.x"

HtH,
Steve Fettig