Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 10:52:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= <mikko@dynas.se>
To:        simond@irrelevant.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Ethernet 10/100 D-Link "card"

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 simond@irrelevant.org wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 06:21:09PM -0800, Mikko Tyolajarvi wrote:
> > In local.freebsd.mobile you write:
> >
> > >I just bought myself a D-Link DU-E100 10/100 USB ethernet adaptor, does
> > >anyone know if support for this is being worked on? If not, anyone know
> > >where I can get info on how to write a driver for it? :)
> >
> > Sorry if the question seems stupid, but have you tried starting usbd
> > and plugging it in?  If it isn't recognized, maybe it just needs an
> > entry in /sys/dev/usb/usbdevs.
>
> I have tried just plugging it in but it just got recognised as ugen0, will
> try playing around with usbd.conf once I get freebsd reinstalled on this
> laptop, any tips on what may need changing? (I didn't even know about that
> file until you mentioned it :)

A "usbdevs -v" should show you the device IDs, and unless it is some
really new chip, one of "aue", "kue" or "cue" will be able to handle
it, given some hints in /etc/usb.conf, I suppose.  My Linksys USB100TX
uses "aue".

You may also want to have a look at <http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb.pl>.

     $.02,
     /Mikko