Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 08:55:10 +0400
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "echo dev" <echo_dev@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 2 Netgear FA311 nics need help plz!

> >From: "echo dev" <echo_dev@hotmail.com>
> >To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> >Subject: 2 Netgear FA311 nics need help plz!
> >Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 04:54:27 +0000
> >
> >  Hello
> > I have 2 Netgear FA311 nic cards one is up and working great i can ping
> >hit
> >outside my network everything. The other I can cinfgure it with ifconfig
> >but
> >that is as far as it gets.  There both on differ irq's 9 and 11 so it is
> >not
> >an irq problem.  But when I do pciconf it says sis0 and sis1 are both on
> >pci1 could that be a problem? Well if anyone have anyideas plz help thanks.
> >
> >Dan
>
> anyone else have an ideas on what the problem could be and Plug and play os
> is not on in the bios
>
> dan

Please, don't top-post... Thanks.

So i assume you already have "Plug and play os = NO" in the BIOS.
Then you'll need to set "Reset ESCD = YES" one or two lines below.
This will force BIOS to reassign resources for PNP/PCI hardware.
Look at startup banner after BIOS's one, both your cards should be
listed there...

Note: "Reset ESCD = YES" line in the BIOS may appear as
      "Reset configuration data = YES" or something alike,
      this varies in different BIOSes. Note also that this
      line is "one-time-switch"(? - sorry, cant think of proper
      English expression), that is you set it to YES, but
      it is used only once and then again appears as NO.

Or as a last resource you can try to assign resources for PCI
clots manually...

HTH,
Igor