Date:      26 Jul 2001 11:35:06 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
Cc:        gustavo@infodoors.com.ar, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE autentication problems....Can anybody help me, please???

On 26 Jul 2001 01:33:56 -0500, David Banning wrote:

> I can't see this as a realistic risk, as pppoe (dsl) is arranged by the service
> provider specificly to the user line only, is it not?

Some ISPs do it this way, others do not.

Also, depending on how the ISP has their authentication and service
provision setup, it -may- be possible to use the provided
username/password pair to authenticate using another medium such as
Dialup or ISDN.

Like I said "... It's a joke, Joyce."

   - andrew

--