Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:31:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel (fxp) replacement

> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:10:09 -0600
> From: Tim <tim@futuresouth.com>
>
> Now that the fxp driver seems to be outdated, what is recommended for
> those us that build servers on a regular basis?  It's a shame, the Intel
> cards generally work best under Windoze as well and I hate to start
> buying different types of cards.

Tulip :-)

D-Link DFE-570TX are 32-bit four-port 21143TD cards for about $150.  IIRC,
the Kingston KNE-100TX is a [single-port] Tulip, too.

Znyx, Adaptec, and some others have four-port Tulips as well; some of them
are 64-bit cards.  Not sure about single-port cards...

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc.
EverQuick Internet / EternalCommerce Division

E-Mail: eddy@everquick.net
Phone: (316) 794-8922