Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:41:44 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        John Indra <john@office.naver.co.id>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   browsers [was: Re: linux-netscape6 gives segmentation fault??

> Argh... *sigh*

> I can't tolerate 4.7... any recommendations for another browser?

I actually use lynx for most of my daily browsing.  I put the linbe

EXTERNAL:http:xterm -T lynx -geometry 80x50 -e lynx %s & : TRUE

in /usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg

so that it launches extra instances when I hit . on a link so
that I can read the newssites the way I prefer.  I'm still working
on color; I may need to recompile from the ports for this, and
for persistent cookies (for the 3 domains that I let have them :).

Cookie handling is *much* better than anything else out there.

And when I *do* need anything graphical, or deign to let a javascript
site run it's evil, I use netscape 3.0 unless it's one of the ones which
is incompatible, in which case I briefly install a netscape 4 long
enough to use it.

Then again, I generally have no use for graphics, so . . .
Also, lynx can launch viewers for most images if you *really* want them.
And it can be set to use the mouse if you want.

hawk, who doesn't know if his speakers are connected, as he doesn't often
use them, either :)