Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 1997 00:19:15 -0400
From:      Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@hub.freebsd.org, support@kew.com

Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

>         uucp mail from is valid.  even though i cannot doa DNS on it.
>         our uucp relay will accept the message and attempt delivery for us.

If you are delivering to a UUCP domain, you can do DNS on the MX
records.  For example, the machine pandora.uucp.kew.com is MX only.  DNS
is not just address records.  So the MAIL FROM address for a UUCP host
should either have a valid MX record, or be rewritten to by
host!user@relay.fqdn, where of course relay.fqdn has valid address
and/or MX records.

--
Internet:       ahd@kew.com             Voice:          617-279-9810

 Q.  What machine does Windows NT run best on?
 A.  A 35 mm slide projector.