Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:20:30 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        zjhh2@etsu.edu
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jhhiggins@prodigy.net

On Sun,  1 March 1998 at  2:18:38 -0500, James wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
>> On Sun,  1 March 1998 at 17:56:47 +1100, Sue Blake wrote:
>>> Of course, this relates to just one idea of what a newbies' list might be.
>>
>> It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.  I think the more
>> experienced people should also be asked to shut up and not participate
>> (though they could be allowed to lurk).
>
> Also for easy expert opinions should questions arise.  Nothing wrong with
> a friendly experienced person adding to traffic as long as the focus is
> clearly directed towards newbies.

Hmmm.  I see part of the raison d'être of this group as being a place
where the newbies can discuss amongst themselves.  They know they can
get help from -questions if that's what they want.  On the other hand,
I suppose, something should be done to avoid incorrect information
being passed around, but that should be done as gently as possible.
I don't think any other kind of unsolicted answer should come from
those "in the know".

Sue, as long as you haven't lost interest, could you maybe be the
medium for dissemination of such corrections?

Greg