Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:00:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        Nick@whistle.com, Hibma <n_hibma@webweaving.org>
Cc:        Archie@whistle.com, Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Removing interfaces

Nick Hibma writes:

| if_kue, if_aue or ask Doug Ambrisko for a copy of the udbp (USB double
| bulk pipe) driver that should have that as well.

The udbp doesn't do it since it just creates a netgraph node.  Then you
tie that netgraph node to an interface.  At that point netgraph makes
an interface called ngX.  When you remove the USB widget then a new
netgraph node is created (the old one destroyed) and then you connect this
netgraph node to an interface which is ng(X+1)).  This is what Archie
is trying to avoid.  So no udbp is not a example until Archie fixes
netgraph.  However, he could look at if_kue, if_aue, or the various
pccard ethernet adapters in -current since they all seem to work.

Archie you should upgrade your laptop to -current.  Then you could
go wireless with it and see the anX interface come an go.  Also you
could play with USB ethernet widgets and USB modem floating around
here (BTW Nick it almost works with your umodem.c driver on your
web page.  The only problem I see is that it doesn't see loss of
CD).

Doug A.