Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:58:07 +1000
From:      Toby Hutton <thutton@vet.com.au>
To:        Ben Lovett <blovett@bsdguru.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: Dell Inspiron 8000 and APM

Ben Lovett writes:
 > Hey all,
 >
 > I just got a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop, and am in the process of
 > configuring it to my liking.  So, I have found that I am able to suspend
 > the system once, but after resuming after that first time, I am unable
 > to suspend for a second time, resulting in a full hang of the system.
 > So, I'm curious if anyone else has come across such symptoms, and has
 > any clues of how I can remedy this, since its a total pain to be unable
 > to suspend more than once ;)
 >
 > dmesg output is attached...

There are issues with APM and the mini-pci board that hosts the
builtin ethernet and modem devices I think.  I *don't* have builtin
ethernet and have no troubles suspending, even when running X.

There have been a couple of others reporting your problem here - I'd
suggest you take a squiz through older posts in the archive and check
with people individually if they managed to fix it (if nobody replies
here in the meantime) and get back to us on it. :)
--
Toby.