Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 2015 00:57:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      kora <kora.jenkins@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get libiconv on FreeBSD 10 convert utf-8 -> wchar_t ?

Thank you for your answer - sorry for my late reaction.
It doesn't work at all.

Please let me explain what I've done.

There was already a "/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so"
and also a "/usr/local/include/iconv.h"

So I tried to make an update of the port by
# portsnap fetch
# portsnap extract

afterwards I tried to install with
# make install clean

Here I've got an Error

====> Compress man pages (compress-man)
===>  Installing for libiconv-1.14_9
===>  Checking for library already installed
===>  An older version of libiconv is already installed (libiconv-1.14.8)
      You may wish to ''make deinstall'' and install port again
      by ''make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you realy wish to overwrite th old port of libiconv
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** [check-already-installed] Error code 1

So I made
# make reinstall

Output:
===> Installing for libiconv-1.14_9
===> Reigistering installation for libiconv-1.14_9
Installing libiconv-1.14_9...

I verified the creation date of "/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so"
It is new.

Trying to use my C application converting "utf-8 -> wchar_t" still has
problem converting a non ASCII charater
The errno is 86.

What have I done false ?

Cheers