Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:51:27 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need emergency help with vinum

--------------FB857D9EFAED840A107E7F6B

Jon Rust wrote:

> At 2:20 PM -0600 3/24/00, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> >Vinum reports that a subdisk is in the crashed state. Is there any way to
> >recover or am I screwed?
> >

> More information would be a Good Thing. What type of volume is it?
> Mirrored? Striped? Concat? RAID-5?

Sorry I did not provide more information. I was kind of in panic mode
when I sent the message. It is (was) a concatenated plex of 3 EIDE
drives. For what it's worth it was the third subdisk in the plex that
failed.

> If it's mirrored or RAID-5, you'll be fine prolly. From a previous
> post (STFA is a good thing):

I guess this means I am out of luck. What is STFA?

Thanks for your help.

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC

begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Glenn
tel;fax:(504) 286-4217
tel;work:(504) 286-4252
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:USDA, ARS, SRRC;Cotton Fiber Quality
version:2.1
email;internet:gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov
title:Technician
adr;quoted-printable:;;1100 Robert E. Lee Boulevard=0D=0A;New Orleans;Louisiana;70124;USA
fn:Glenn Johnson
end:vcard