Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:58:48 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Static_routes in rc.conf

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 11:34:00AM +0100, Deegan, Eddy wrote:
> What I actually want to achieve is to have the system set an equivalent to
> "route add 128.98.200.22 193.128.139.225" on bootup. Sure I could hack my
> own entry into rc.network but I want to use the standard mechanism. I just
> can't figure it out.
>
> Help?!
"man rc.conf" and search for static. Please, try reading manual pages
before asking. This will give you much more expirience.
I this case:
 static_routes
                   (str) Set to the list of static routes you would like to
                   add at system boot time.  If not set to NO then for each
                   whitespace separated element in the value, a route_element
                   variable is assumed to exist whose contents will later be
                   passed to a ``route add'' operation.

So you need (for your example):

static_routes="ohost"
route_ohost="128.98.200.22 193.128.139.225"

somewhere in /etc/rc.conf

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia