Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:26:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Barker <jimbark@ibm.net>
To:        kushn@mail.kar.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yamaha OPL card

Well, guess what, I got brave and I cvsup'd to 2.2.7.
I must say that that was quite an experience.  I first
messed up by downloading current (3.0) and didn't realize
that I had to build make before I could use make (doh!!!).
But before I realized that I decided to cvsup stable
(2.2.7) and what I found out that the first cvsup left
some rogue stuff that made it impossible for me to make
world.  The one smart thing that I did was to make a
backup of my source tree before I started my little
adventure.  I ended up having to remove the source tree,
restore the source tree from my backup and then cvsup
the stable sources......whew, I am glad that is over.
Now, back to the sound card problem.  Thank's for your
tips, now I can pursue them realistically.  Just had
to vent a little and maybe put a little bug into people's
mind, so that they may avoid the hassle I did.

Jim Barker