Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:36:07 -0700
From:      "'Alfred Perlstein'" <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Clarence Brown <clabrown@granitepost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1 lockup at isa0: on reboot

* Clarence Brown <clabrown@granitepost.com> [000827 10:59] wrote:
> [...]

Yes, you can choose to install the source code you can do so by
running /stand/sysinstall and choosing to install the kernel sources,
one doesn't need to know much to figure out how to just get a
traceback.

It's really just as simple as recomiling your kernel:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

just add the options I mentioned above:

> > options		DDB
> > options		BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER

and you ought to be able to get us a traceback by hitting
ctrl-alt-esc, then 't' at the prompt.

Btw, providing the type of disks and HD controller as well
as a complete "boot -v" output would be a lot more helpful,
if you can hard-reset then boot -v you should be able to
find the file in /var/run/dmesg.boot.

thanks,