Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 13:35:18 -0800
From:      "Ian Field" <ifield@omnikron.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PAO

Resend - I think.....

Hi guys,

	Working with a new laptop (A Sharp 9020) piece of crap really, but I
thought I'd try installing 2.2.6-RELEASE on it anyway.  I haven't used
FreeBSD on a laptop yet, and was hoping for a little more support in the
pcmcia dept.  The card I need to configure is a standard 36589d (etherlink
III) which the kernel supports (supposedly)  But to no avail, enabling
pccard didn't do a thing - do I need to make a pccard.conf entry?  If so,
what?

	After playing with the base install for awhile, I decided I needed the
PAO... the file I dl'd was PAO-971211.tar.gz, meant for 2.2.5-RELEASE  (will
that be a prob?)  I tried pkg_add (failed with "no +CONTENTS")  then "gz -dc
<file> | tar xvf -" and "make" (make failed with directory errors)  I can't
find any install documentation on the PAO site... any clues?

	Also, having problems with the machine's Cirrus Logic 754x vid adapter and
XFree86... can't seem to get it to start without freezing (tried every
config I could think of)

	I have no connectivity with the laptop so I can't copy in the dmesg...
sorry.

Hopefully I can get this done this weekend - thanks in advance
Ian Field