Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:29:40 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        Martin Gignac FreeBSD <freebsd@mia.ericsson.ca>, Vlado Korcek <vladokorcek@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND9

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 05:20:06PM -1000, Vincent Poy wrote:
> 	With the options I added for the configure script, it installs in
> /usr instead of /usr/local so it will call the correct named as the
> original is overwritten.

This is a bad solution as it will get overwritten when you upgrade
your OS. The better solution is to install into /usr/local and add the
appropriate lines in /etc/rc.conf to change the named_program to the
one in /usr/local. That's why there are hooks in /etc/rc.conf for
named/sendmail and almost all other common daemons.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>