Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:30:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy <andy@wantpackets.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-powerpc compiled init -> "ppcdisk"

Hello,

  "ppcdisk" from Oct 18 does not contain anything in reguards to any binaries (or
 it would seem so as it compresses to about nothing.)  I compiled and linked init
 as a FreeBSD powerpc binary, and would like to try it out.  I cannot do this be
 cause I can't(do not know how?) to mount the big endian ppcdisk image to put the
 file init in /sbin.  I ask for somebody to tell me how to mess with big endian
 stuff with my i386 or to do the above themselves on a NetBSD-PPC (or any ffs-rea
 ding os on the powerpc).  The binary is available at
 https://wantpackets.com/~andy/init .
  (using the 4.6-RELEASE write_mfs_in_kernel.c works :)

Thanks...
Andrew