Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:02:23 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        garbanzo@hooked.net (Alex)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 Schedule, ELF and CAM

Alex wrote:
> So when can we see some more ELF progress?

We need to be sure that people aren't going to hose themselves by moving
to elf. I'm working on the build end of the aout to elf transition. Testing
this requires lots of big builds, and in my case, reinstalling 2.2.6
before each one to ensure that the procedure works from a system which
doesn't know about elf tools.

So far it is looking like a `make aout_to_elf' will be all that is
required to make the switch. You can expect this to be available by
about September 1st allowing 6 weeks before 3.0 is shipped.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137