Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:11:01 -0500
From:      Zhibing Wang <zhibing@tsp.ece.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird behavior of tun0

Hi :

        I am using FreeBSD 4.2 , and an external modem. I am trying to
use
my school's dial up service.
        Everytime I dial the number, it seems that CHAP or PAP is
passed.
        The ifconfig shows that I gett an ip address, and the tun0 is
up.  But I cann't
even ping 127.0.0.1.
         About 1 minute later, it shows a warning:

Warning:  lqr_RecvEcho got Packet size 8 expecting 12!

         Then it losts the CD and the connection terminated.  The dial
up works
well with some other service providers.
          What's wrong ?
           Thanks in advance!