Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 12:13:45 +0200
From:      "Florian Helmut Mueller" <f-h-m@gmx.de>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   linux firewall-settings translation to freebsd or battlecom versus natd

Hi!

I have our LAN connected to the Inet via a freebsd router, but Battlecom
isnt working beause of the Firewall.
I have found a workaraound on the Battlecom Homepage that is ment for Linux
boxes:

To use BattleCom Client from within a network which is connected to the
Internet through an IP Masquerade you must forward the appropriate ports to
the PC behind the masquerade.

Step 1: You need to have root or su access.
Step 2: Find the ipmasqadm rpm for ipchains or the ipautofw rpm if you're
using ipfwadm and install the RPM (if not already installed... can be found
at rpmfind.net)
Step 3: For IP Chains use this command set:

ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 28800 28900 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

For ipfwadm:

ipautofw -A -v -r udp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r tcp 2300 2400 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r tcp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r udp 47624 47624 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
ipautofw -A -v -r udp 28800 28900 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

You should replace www.xxx.yyy.zzz with the IP Address of the PC behind the
masquerade that will be running the BattleCom Client.

Now as these lines seem to be a little not so common, i have trouble to
translate them into some freebsd compatible format. I have read lots of
Documents about freebsd and linux firewalling, but still have trouble
finding out, just WHAT THESE LINES ARE TELLING THE FIREWALL TO DO!!
So if somebody please could come up with an explanation or even a freebsd
compatible version of these lines, i would be really thankfull.

cu and thx in advance

FHM

For our snoopbots: Sabotage Bomb Plutonium White House Assassin
warhead Viruses poison gas Libya Iraq Militia rape mass murder drugs
NSA CIA Katjuscha cocaine heroin AZT RAF Castor Interim Mao PDS
 Auschwitzlie communists Lai Stalin crack dealer Ho Chi Minh MAD ;)