Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Dmitry Petrov" <DPetrov@nchcapital.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/40479: [patch]

The following reply was made to PR ports/40479; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dmitry Petrov" <DPetrov@nchcapital.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, edwin@mavetju.org
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:25:45 -0400

 I had a similar problem - and I am not convinced it is a major
 problem with the make utility from FreeBSD-current. It does
 expand filenames to contain current path erroroneously
 (sometimes) and after that it can't find bsd.lib.mk (or any
 other file) in /usr/share/mk.

 Normally "make -f bsd.lib.mk" should locate bsd.lib.mk in
 /usr/share/mk - no need to specify full path.

 Try to downgrade "make" - this helped me.

 Apparently this problem (Realpath related) was fixed in cvs some
 time ago, but then reintroduced in the latest version, which
 merged several fixes improperly.

 So, probably this PR should be converted to a problem with
 current "make", not in gd2 port.

 Hope it helps,
 Dmitry Petrov