Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:18:40 +0100
From:      "Rogier Steehouder" <r.j.s@gmx.net>
To:        John Schroeder <points@san.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [FBSD-Q] Questions

On this list we generally expect you to read the on-line manuals and
the man-pages first. Most if not all of these questions are answered in
the manual or FAQ.

On 5 Dec 2001 at 14:10, John Schroeder wrote:
> How do I mount a fat32 file system?

mount -t msdos or mount_msdos

> How do I use my mouse wheel?

With your finger. Seriously: it depends on brand and type, but look
around on the web.

> How can I run "XDM" on startup?

Edit /etc/ttys

> How can I run "setxkbmap dvorak" before running "XDM"?

Don't know the best way. You should probably set some option in
/etc/rc.conf or edit one of the rc.* files.

> If I resize my FREEBSD partition, do I have to change anything for
> FREEBSD to recognize this?

Probably not.

> How can I log into KDE as root?

XDM: Username: root, password: ...
Console: Username: root, password: ..., startx
Asuming you set up your .xinitrc and .xsession files correctly.

> How do I logout of KDE and shutdown/reboot the computer?

Use the menus to logout. Switch to console. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

With kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
/ \                  r.j.s@gmx.net                  //  \