Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 16:40:09 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        tomppa@fidata.fi
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI reprobe

>I'm trying to get scsi disk online by reprobing it with
>scsi -f /dev/rsd0.ctl -r -t 3. It shows correct information about
>drive and machine freezes and couple seconds later machine reboots.
>I'm running 2.1.5-stable supped few days ago.

This is known problem with the FreeBSD SCSI system that will be addressed
in the SCSI branch shortly (I've already started work on correcting this
problem).  Once the SCSI branch is polished a bit, it will come into
current and may even go into 2.1.6R.  Until this hapens though, just
"don't do that."

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations