Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:44:12 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail 8.12 structure

I am starting to configure sendmail 8.12 for the first time for a
number of servers.  Reading the info in the various READMEs and on
sendmail.org's web site I thought I understood what I needed to do.
However, the rc.sendmail in 4.6.2 has 4 possible sendmail processes
that it starts.  Is there a description of those possible processes
and how they function - how to pick which one/ones you need for a
particular situation?  I am completely baffled by the sm-queue
process.  It lookes like it does the same thing as the sm-mta process
which also has the -q set.  Does mail sent from a local user to to
the client queue and then to the mail queue?  I am sure this kind of
info must exist somewhere but haven't been able to find it in any of
the archives.
--
-- Doug