Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:20:23 +0930
From:      "W. Sierke" <ws@senet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   maildrop with virtual users (userdb)

Can anyone provide any pointers on getting the virtual user facility of
maildrop-1.5.0 to work? e.g. (with virtuser@domain.tld defined in
/usr/local/etc/userdb):

maildrop -d virtuser@domain.tld

I've added --with-userdb to maildrop's Makefile, and the default options
appear to include --with-gdbm; are there other options I need to add? Or
does it just not work (as it's marked as experimental)? The userdb files
appear to be correctly configured since I can successfully login and view
mail over IMAP with a virtual account using courier-imap.

Also, while I'm at it, is there any kind of reference document for uid/gid
number assignments? I've created vmail/vmail=1002/1002 for running maildrop
(which is being used with getmail), but from random sightings I've made
while googling I'm left with the feeling that this choice isn't particularly
optimal.

Thanks,

Wayne