Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 00:49:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch/Announcement for DHCPD remote root hole?

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Brett Glass wrote:

> That's been exactly my point in earlier discussions. It should not be necessary
> to download and recompile the world to get a patch. New users aren't ready
> for that, nor should they be expected to be. And admins, who have
> many responsibilities and are virtually always overloaded, should not be
> burdened with that task.

That's why they're not required to cvsup to get patches.  Do you even read
the Security Notices?  They include links to get individual patches.  You
can click on them even, at least I assume you can in Eudora.

You have the right to cry at the wind about FreeBSD all you like, but
find some new questions.  The three you always ask (and are always
answered) are getting old.  And if you don't like the answers, I'm looking
forward to BrettBSD, or the annoucement of you as a new contributer to
FreeBSD.

--
Matt Piechota