Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:26:32 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Lee" <lee@unassemble.co.uk>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can only boot into single-user mode - Please Help Urgent

1.  boot single user

2.  run fsck-p.  Since your shell rc files haven't been read
(so path is not set) you may have to type /sbin/fsck -p

This will also be the case with mount, etc.  You can
run them but you'll have to know where they are.
Seems like mount in is /sbin, so (assuming ATA drives
and standard disklabel...)

/sbin/mount -t ufs /dev/ad0s1a /
/sbin/mount -t ufs /dev/ad0s1e /usr
/sbin/mount -t ufs /dev/ad0s1f /var

You shouldn't need to 'unmount' just do the mount and /
should go from read only to r/w.