Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 18:21:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        deuerl@bugsy.indra.de (Robert Deuerling)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: settings for apache-user

> Hello,
>
> since 2.2.6 there are settings for limiting resources for users.
> So... what's the correct group for the apache user, it runs of?

You decied.  When you compiled and installed Apache, you could choose.
You could override that with the httpd.conf file.  The standard place for
it is /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, however, I haven't seen any
systems that keep it there.

> The apache runs in a chrooted environment... so are the limits taken from
> the forked user or the base user... ??
>
> My Problem is that after some time the apache-server gets into paused mode...
> The apache is run as chrooted user http.-> limits from default ???
>
> My first thought is that the  login.conf limits the resources of the apache..
> if so.. what would be the best group to add ? (think of daemon ;) )

Dunno.

> Regards
>  Robert

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.