Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:33:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sabrina Minshall <sabrina@accesscom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        sabrina@accesscom.com
Subject:   daemon + fork

   Guys, here's the problem.

   I've a daemon which waits for incoming connections on a socket.
   When a connection request comes in, it allocates memory for the
   request and forks a child to handle the request - passing in
   the request structure the daemon allocated.  Can the daemon
   and the child modify the request structure at the same time?

   The child updates the request structure and then exits. How will
   the parent know when the child is done?

   If theres sample code to look at I'd appreciate a pointer.

   Thanks,

   Sabrina