Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:51:36 +0700
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@sentry.granch.ru>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where I was wrong?

"Crist J . Clark" wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 11:17:15PM +0700, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:
> >
> > Default gateway to all is 10.0.1.2 (second ISP other side)
> >
> > I wish I could forward all traffic from 10.0.2.2 to first ISP. I made
> > this rule:
> >
> > ipfw add 100 fwd 10.0.0.2 ip from 10.0.2.2 to any out xmit rl0
>
> The 'fwd' command probably does not do what you think. Read ipfw(8)
> again.
>
> I don't understand what you want to do when you say you wish to
> 'forward all traffic to the first ISP.' Are we just talking about
> routing here?

I try to explain. We have 2 different ISP's. One in 212.20.5.0 and two
in 212.109.197.0. Router box has 6 (six) network interfaces - 4
ethernets to parts of internal network, 1 ethernet to PairGain to first
ISP, 1 SBNI card to second ISP. 10.0.0.2 in example is a proxy-server.
For a some time I thougth "What can I do that proxy will go to Internet
via first ISP, and all other via second" and decided to make this
through "fwd" command. Default gateway on router box is to second ISP
and all boxes have second ISP's IP. Proxy has frist-and-second IP's and
must go through first ISP. As I understand "fwd" forward packet to a
remote address, and than it delivers as usual. Or I wrong somewhere?
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Brainbench ID: 28514