Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:28:46 +0100
From:      "Ian O'Friel" <Genius@glasgow.crosswinds.net>
To:        "Mark W. Linvill" <mlinvill@cioe.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: QT Library Problems........

Right, I now realise that I haven't given enough background on this......

My main PC is a multi-boot system with Win95, Win NT, FreeBSD 2.2.5, OS/2,
DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.11. The reason for so many OS's is purely for
compatibility. I use Win95 for 50% of stuff, FreeBSD for about 20% and the
rest is between the other Os's. This FreeBSD box has two major diabilites,
firstly It refuses point-blank to recognise my ATAPI CD (24x) and it also
has a PCTel chipset modem which refuses to work on FreeBSD (Or anything
apart from Win95 actually), So I have to manually copy files onto my DOS
partition which is then mounted under FreeBSD.

Due to this all the help given like 'type MAKE and it will solve all your
problems' won't work as it can't find my CD-ROM or can't FTP because of my
modem's Chipset.......

My second FreeBSD box has a MAJOR disability, it won't run the X-Windows
System due to a dodgy Graphics Card (Cyrix MediaGX, there crap) so It is
pointless putting KDE on that, I can't even network them as the Cyrixx
Machine only comes with ONE ISA slot which is used by a non-replaceable
28.8k Modem..... Ain't that annoying.......

So I need EXACT instructions of what files I need, where to put them, what
to do with them, how to get the god-damn thing to work.........

I can't find a port of QT because it doesn't appear to be on my CD and I
don't have the time or money to start downloading everything and anything
from the net..... I am a 15-year-old, it' my parent's Phone-bill and my ISP
account, you do the math......

Any Help Now...... I'll CC this to the list.......

Ian O'Friel