Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:21:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      brian william wolter <bwolter@linux.thesadmachine.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS

i've been trying to set up some nameservers and i seem to have run into
problems.  everything seems to be working correctly on my end of things
(though i could be wrong), however when i try to use my boxes as
nameservers for my domain i get the error message from register.com
stating that

"the nameserver you have requested has not been registered.  you are
not authorized to the nameserver ...."

do i have to spacifically register a nameserver as that or am i missing
something else here?  is it possible the problem lies in my configuration
of named?

any help would be appriciated.

peace,
brian