Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:43:52 -0700
From:      Vincent Stipo <vstipo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.4 Stable - Having problems with remote connections.

Lets start off by saying I'm new to FreeBSD and im using the 5.4 stable ver=
sion.

I'm having problems with remote connections.

I tried installing multiple programs that recieve outside connectons.

Squid Proxy
Bittorrent
Battlefield 2 Server

and they start up fine.

I cant connect to squid remotely. I cant download anything with
bittorrent, the bf2 server shows up on the "server list" but when you
connect you get a connection refused error.

So, is there some kind of default measure in place to stop remote
connections? From as far as I can tell no firewall is running. Do I
have to add the services in inetd?