Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:18:44 -0700
From:      "Stephen Hansen" <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ports not working? :(

*sighs* I'm having much more trouble getting everything to work on this
incarnation of things then I have had in the past -- but ya'll are great and
i'm working through it :) Much thanks.

My latest problem is with ports.

For the time being I want to install 'colorls', but i've tried to install
another
thing or two and it didn't work either.

I'm in /usr/ports/misc/colorls, and /cdrom is mounted. Problem #1 is that
the Makfile/other-information fo Colorls list the file its looking for as
ls2.2.7.tar.gz, where as /cdrom/packages/misc/ has a colorls2.2.7.tgz.

Everything on the cdrom is in .tgz, and perhaps that is the issue with
why none of my ports are working? I tried to change the references to
'colorls' and 'tar.gz' into 'tgz' and it didn't work --

    No such directory in /usr/ports/misc/colorls/work/ls/ls.1

I have absolutely no idea whats going on now -- except that work/
contains only a 'man' and a 'bin' directory and some other files all
in caps.

--S