Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:20:11 +0300
From:      =?iso-8859-7?B?xfXz9Nzo6e/yIMrh7PDd8efy?= <eu_kamper@yahoo.gr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cylinder geometry problem - Unable to find device node

Hello to everyone :)

In an attempt to install FreeBSD 5.4-RC2, I encountered (except for many
other things :p) the following problem:

There is a disagreement as fas as the cylinder geometry of my hard disk is
concercned, beetwen BIOS and FreeBSD. Sysinstall asks me to adjust it
appropriately, but when I do so, the installation process terminates with an
error: "Unable to find device node for /dev/X in /dev". I flashed my BIOS
with the latest update but it didn't seem to help.

In the same disk I have Linux and Windows XP installed.

Thank you a lot,
Stathis K.

P.S. In case it's a trivial matter, forgive my ignorance.