Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:10:12 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a bad sysinstall/useredit problem

In message <17228.943209271@critter.freebsd.dk> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
: The problem is that the ex0 or ie0 driver, I'm not sure which,
: hoses the 3com card such that the ep driver cannot read the
: serial eeprom.

I've often had to disable the ex driver when I've had cards at 0x300
in order to make the install work.  I've been meaning to track it down
more, but haven't had the chance.  As luck would have it, this too is
with the ep driver (well, also the ed driver since the ex probe code
in 3.x at least doesn't omit the probe in the range that the ed driver
has claimed).

Not sure what to do about disabling the driver with userconfig, however.

Warner