Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:52:56 +1100
From:      "Hugh Blandford" <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   OpenSSH and 4.1R

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the portable version of OpenSSH on my 4.1R box.  The
latest version 2.2.0 contains support for both protocols 1 & 2.  I need to
be able to use protocol 1 so I can connect from my windows client.

When going through the configure if fails, complaining it can't find a
working version of OpenSSL.  I have tried specifying /usr/include/openssl
and /usr/lib and probably any other directory that I have found openssl
mentioned in and it still doesn't work.

Can someone offer some suggestions as to what I can do to make this work?
Do I need to do something to OpenSSL to initialise it on my system?

Thanks,

Hugh