Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:44:46 -0800
From:      bsdaemon@mail.com
To:        jl_dodd@earthlink.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

----- Original Message -----
From: jeremy <jl_dodd@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:04:51 -0500
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: help

> i am runing freebsd 4.5 and i can not compile my kernel i get "Stop in
> /usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL."
>
> here is my kernel file
>

> any help would be nice thanks jeremy

> # SCSI peripherals
> #device		scbus		# SCSI bus (required)
> #device		da		# Direct Access (disks)

> device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

I think it may be this.  device umass (usb mass storage device), which is enabled, requires scbus (scsi bus) and da (direct access) which are disabled.  Either enable scsi and da, or disable the umass device, and recompile.  That should do the trick! (I had this problem a few months back...)

--
bsdaemon
freebsd: the power to serve >>