Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:30:20 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP: OpenSSH install fails on 4.0-RELEASE

John,

sshd is also present, but it is in /usr/sbin.

Updating to stable nowadays means "make buildworld", "make
buildkernel", "make installkernel", "make installworld" and
"mergemaster". This is detailed in /usr/src/UPDATING (after you
cvsup).

As I said, if you can wait until next week, 4.1 should be out and it
will include openssh 2.1. (4.1 is scheduled for 7/25.)

FWIW, the update to stable is really not hard, but it does take a
while. buildworld takes about 2.5 hours on my K6-3/450. The other
stuff is fairly quick. About 45 minutes for installworld, 5 minutes
for buildkernel and 2 minutes for installkernel.

The time required for mergemester is variable and takes a bit longer
the first time you use it, but it makes merging in changes very
easy. (Rule of thumb...if you have not done site modifications to a
file, select 'i'. If you have, use 'm' to merge your changes into the
new file. The new file is on the right and the old one is on the
left.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)