Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 23:38:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      wes@intele.net
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        davidg@root.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and the Standard Template Library.

Gary Palmer writes:
 > The next release of FreeBSD will be 2.1.5, and is due within a month,
 > so no, it won't be in that release. It will (more likely be) in 2.2.0,
 > which is due out at the end of the year (approx). There is a planned
 > integration of GCC 2.7.2 and an updated libg++ soon into -current. If
 > you need that functionality and don't mind running -current, that may
 > be a solution.

A recent posting in the gnu.gcc newsgroup leaked the fact that GCC
2.7.3 should soon be released, with the strength-reduce optimization
bug fixed "in order to quiten the Linux crowd."  Perhaps it would be
worthwhile to wait for this fix to integrate GCC 2.7?

--
   Wes Peters	|
    Softweyr 	|   Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?