Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:46:05 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        traore@afribone.net.gn
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Filter by MAC Address

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 12:56:27PM +0000, traore@afribone.net.gn wrote:

>  I get router on FreeBSD. I want to filter packet by MAC Address fitering=
=2E Pls=20
>  let me know how can i this using ipfw. Or how can install iptables on fr=
eeBSD
>  (with iptables, this is possible).

Yes, this is certainly possible.  You need to be running at least
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE from after August 16th 2002: any later version of
4.x-STABLE or -RELEASE will do fine, as will any 5.x version (although
running 5.x on a critical router is probably not the best idea).

Under 4.x you need to follow the instructions in the ipfw(8) man page
about enabling ipfw2 and compiling an appropriately customised kernel
-- see the sections "USING IPFW2 IN FreeBSD-STABLE" and "IPFW2
ENHANCEMENTS" towards the end of that page.  Under 5.x, the ipfw2 is
the default ipfw supplied with the system.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way