Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:22:51 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ANNOUNCE]: clang compiling ports

Am 21.06.2011 12:15, schrieb Alex Dupre:
> Roman Divacky ha scritto:
>> It would be great if you could skim over the list to see if some of
>> the ports
>> you maintain are broken and possibly try to fix them.
>
> I have patches for my ports, can I send them to anyone to test them?

Do something similar to this:

1. install port-tools and portlint unless you already have them

2. move gcc out of the way:
cd /usr/bin
for i in cc c89 c99 gcc g++ ; do
  mv $i $i.off
done

3. test your port(s):
cd /usr/ports/some/port
port test -- CC=clang CXX=clang++

4. move gcc back into place:
cd /usr/bin
for i in cc c89 c99 gcc g++ ; do
  mv $i.off $i
done

It's not exactly what 9-exp has been trying (and will miss, for
instance, header differences that trip up clang), but close enough for
many ports.

HTH