Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:25:48 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To:        Dominik Breitenmoser <chandler@lanparty.ch>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPSEC: racoon pgpnet

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Dominik Breitenmoser wrote:

> Hi there
> Has anyone tried to get racoon interoperate with pgpnet?
> I've got some troubles with the vendor ID. The log always says
> "2001-01-10 00:14:26: vendorid.c:97:check_vendorid(): Vendor ID
> mismatch."
> any hints?

What else did you get? Vendor ID mismatch is probably not the cause of
the failure, there must be something else, try running racoon with debug
and see what it writes to the /var/log/racoon.log , for example, it may be
that the parties cannot agree on encryption or hashing algorithm.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]